[aur-general] libgroove package review, round 2

Jeremy Audet ichimonji10 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 03:17:03 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm hoping to push a change [1] [2] to my libgroove package. I know that
the change _works_, but I'm not sure if it's _correct_.

Upstream has added a sample pkg-config config file to their source code.
I'd like to install a slightly modified version of that config file to
users' systems. The question is this: when do I make those minor
modifications? Should I copy and patch the pkg-config file during the
`prepare` function? Should I wait until `package`?

I've read the PKGBUILD (5) man page and wiki page with a special eye toward
functional differences between these functions. However, I just don't see
any good guidance on this point. I should reiterate that this question is
more focused on stylistic correctness than function, as my proposed change
does work.

[1] https://github.com/Ichimonji10/PKGBUILDs/compare/libgroove
[2]
https://github.com/Ichimonji10/PKGBUILDs/commit/7619a4bccda0e643f8dc250a849ba06e412f9380