[aur-general] Upgrading PKGBUILD to new version

stef204 stef204 at yandex.com
Sun Oct 19 11:57:20 UTC 2014

Hi,

Newbie to maintaining packages in AUR--I only have the one right now (but getting more done soon.)

Quick question: I need to upload a new version of my package (to follow upstream).  I have made the changes to PKGBUILD already and tested it.

How do I proceed to upgrade on the AUR?  Just upload it "on top" of previous package, using the regular AUR upload page?

When looking it up, I've seen guys complaining in the forums about having 2 builds on AUR instead of the same one having been upgraded; just trying to avoid mistakes here.

Thanks for feedback.