[aur-general] Java name guideliness

Det nimetonmaili at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 19:54:27 UTC 2014

On Thu Sep 11 14:02:41 EDT 2014, Pablo Lezaeta Reyes wrote:
> If look to the pther packages (not java) the fewers who need a version
they
> apend the versión at the endm so for consistency whit the all others
> packages I think is better keep the version at the end:
> <vendor>-<jre/jdk>-<version>: oracle/openjdk-jre-7/8

We can't do that, because our own upstream (the OpenJDK packager) alredy
decided on it. To change it you're going to have to start a bug
report/feature request on our own packages.

If you can change _his_ mind, then we can talk about implementing that in
the AUR as well.

On Thu Sep 11 18:13:11 EDT 2014, Justin Dray wrote:
> The fact that one naming convention or the other being chosen is still not
> the issue, it's the fact that in the interim there are *both* packages in
> there.

Yes, I get that you're eager to get whatever parties out of there ASAP, and
sort it out later. Unfortunately, that's not how it's going to play out and
this discussion so far has prevented the proper way from happening as well,
as I was already pointed out some time ago.

Therefore, I'm taking this and my suggestions back directly to the
respective maintainers, and only if they want to continue it here, we will.

                          Det