[aur-general] AUR Best Practice for New Package Upload

stef stef_204 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 20:14:02 UTC 2014

On Thu, 9/18/14, Nuno Araujo <nuno.araujo at russo79.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [aur-general] AUR Best Practice for New Package Upload
 To: aur-general at archlinux.org
 Date: Thursday, September 18, 2014, 10:00 PM

 As a generic advice, take the time to read the
 man pages of Arch Linux
 build system
 utilities and configuration files (e.g. man PKGBUILD, man
 makepkg, man pacman, man pacman.conf, and so
 on...).
 Also read other AUR PKGBUILDs (or
 even better, the one published in core
 and
 extra repositories).

 There
 you would have find answers for some of the questions you
 asked.

 --
 Nuno Araujo <nuno.araujo at russo79.com>
 http://www.russo79.com

OK, got all of that, thanks again for feedback and guidance.

Oh, and I did read the man pages of makepkg and pacman maybe not all of the data but whatever I could find that applied to my questions but it's always good to double check my understanding (or misunderstanding, as the case may be), since I'm still learning.  I always do that before posting but again, not so obvious at times.

I think I'm pretty much ready to go here and will proceed to upload soon.

Thanks.