[aur-general] AUR Best Practice for New Package Upload

stef204 stef204 at yandex.com
Tue Sep 23 18:46:31 UTC 2014

23.09.2014, 12:04, "stef204" <stef204 at yandex.com>:

> Sorry, this "any" obviously refers to the architecture.
> So the naming "masshash-1.0.0-1-any.pkg.tar.xz" is actually proper and as it should be, I can imagine.
> Some changes were made recently to makepkg ?
> I don't recall seeing this type of naming previously.....

Sorry again.....

Answering my own question, no changes to makepkg
version#, release# arch have been part of the naming of packages all along.

I was just working on this a bit too quickly, and looking at the wrong file inside the directory which got my wires crossed....

I probably should apply the following rule more often, especially before posting:

"Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth." (or keyboard, as the case ay be....)