[aur-general] aurweb 4.0.0 released

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 15:17:18 UTC 2015

> After all, I am not sure whether we should create an official archive
> hosted on aur.archlinux.org or just refer to an "inofficial" archive
> like aur-mirror.git. As Doug already mentioned, I am currently on
> vacation. I will have to think of that (and possibly implement an
> archive) when I am back home. Meanwhile, other opinions are welcome.
>
> If you plan to redirect broken Arch Wiki links to the archive, please
> make sure that it is obvious that these packages are abandoned. They are
> likely to break or be out-of-date for months.

It would be nice to have an official archive, some packages do not have
a maintainer but still work fine, and even if they break in the future
it is better to have a "broken" PKGBUILD to start with than have to
start from scratch.

Maybe the archive could be at aur3.archive.archlinux.org and have a big
warning that packages there are not maintained at all. As for what to
provide, I'd say use whatever requires less disk space. I suppose that a
way to go back in time to previous versions (as possible with
aur-mirror.git) is most probably not needed.

--
Mauro Santos