[aur-general] aurweb 4.0.0 released

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 14:46:33 UTC 2015

Em 09-08-2015 18:43, Mauro Santos escreveu:
> Caring is relative, you might not care now but next week/month/year you
> may need it and then you care ;)

Well, if you need in the future, perhaps you will create a new PKGBUILD
then? Relying in unmaintained packaged will most likely give you
trouble. I personally think that an official archive isn't needed. It
will only confuse users, and might also give the impression that
Archlinux endorses it's use (not that it endorses AUR, anyway). Have
said that, I had to upload 2 packages to the new AUR because the
original maintainers weren't reachable and didn't uploaded then before
the July 8th deadline. At the moment we have only 23 orphan packages in
AUR. Let's keep things that way.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini