[aur-general] AUR activity log?

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 15:09:51 UTC 2015

Em 12-08-2015 11:54, Mark Laws escreveu:
> In light of the mass deletion of many orphaned as well as
> not-really-orphaned packages

They were really orphaned. And it was warned that orphaned packages
would be "deleted" on Aug 8th.

> , it would be nice if there were a way to
> get a log of AUR activity so that users other than just a package's
> maintainers can see that a package disappeared at some given point.

A maintainer in this scenario wouldn't be anything more than a user?
He/She disowned the package didn't?

> It was also mentioned that deleted packages aren't really deleted,
> merely hidden--in that case, why not allow users to view these
> packages if some flag is set in the API request? This way, users can
> pick up maintenance of a once-extant package without having to
> recreate it from scratch.

I think that even if a package isn't showing in the AUR interface
anymore, you can clone it's repo, if you at least remember/know the name
of the package. Since the packages aren't deleted and just "hidden", I
think you'd get not an empty repo, but the repo as it was in the moment
of the "deletion". But this, of course, for packages that were migrated
to the new AUR, and then orphaned. For packages not migrated, I don't
think there is a repo there.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini