[aur-general] aurweb 4.0.0 released

Jakub Klinkovský j.l.k at gmx.com
Mon Aug 17 16:48:55 UTC 2015

On 09.08.15 at 14:41, Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Aug 2015 at 15:14:14, Jakub Klinkovský wrote:
> > [...]
> > As far as I remember, it was discussed that the old packages from AUR3 will
> > still be available in an archive. Is it the aur-mirror.git [4] or something
> > else? We were thinking to replace the currently broken links to AUR packages on
> > the wiki with links to the archive to divide the heap of broken links into
> > "obsolete" and "obsolete, but still findable" parts. For this to work, we need a
> > fixed URL with variable part corresponding to the package name. And for easy
> > maintenance with a bot, we would need a list of packages in the archive for fast
> > searching, e.g. something like [5]. Is this possible or do you have some other
> > recommendations?
> >

> After all, I am not sure whether we should create an official archive
> hosted on aur.archlinux.org or just refer to an "inofficial" archive
> like aur-mirror.git. As Doug already mentioned, I am currently on
> vacation. I will have to think of that (and possibly implement an
> archive) when I am back home. Meanwhile, other opinions are welcome.
>
> If you plan to redirect broken Arch Wiki links to the archive, please
> make sure that it is obvious that these packages are abandoned. They are
> likely to break or be out-of-date for months.

Thanks, and sorry for the late reply - I have taken a leave of absence as well.

Since the aur-mirror.git stopped synchronizing after the 8th, I think we can
link to its packages directly. As for the list of packages for maintenance, we
can easily generate it from the cloned repo and bundle it along with the scripts
used for automatic synchronization. Since there will be no update to the archive
for a very long time (or ever), this seems like the fastest way to go...

And from the wiki's point of view, this is completely for easier maintenance.
The wording for the template would be something like "obsolete package:
available in aur-mirror" or similar, with an accompanying link.

--
jlk