[aur-general] Total mess after aur4 migration...

John D Jones III unixgeek1972 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 15:52:19 UTC 2015

Ugh:
Well over a hundred of my pkgbuilds are broken because of missing
dependencies for pkgbuilds that never made the migration. So far, it
looks like a list of ~30 but, my 'build' server is still iterating
through my current list installing ( or attempting to install )
everything I maintain. I should note that, of the ~30 thus far, is only
top level dependencies, I fear the list is going to be somewhat larger
when all is said and done. I will attempt to rectify each of these as I
come across them during the week, with a larger focus this holiday
weekend. That said, if you come across any of my ( well anyone's )
pkgbuilds that are calling for a dependency that doesn't exist on AUR
or the official repos, just mark it out of date and put the pkgbuild(s)
name missing in the comments. If... you so desire to create the
dependent pkgbuild yourself, I'd appreciate it if you could send me an
email to my AUR account's email found on my user page informing me
about it, so I can pull it from my 'missing' list. Most of the packages
are perl modules, but I've found problems with some of the nodejs
packages, and one or two of the theme pkgbuilds were in the 'failure to
install' list.

--
Thanks,
John D Jones III