[aur-general] Email Notifications of new AUR orphaning/deletion/merging method

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Feb 6 09:01:20 UTC 2015

On Thu, 5 Feb 2015 22:46:44 -0300, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera wrote:
>I *tried* to reply off list, but I now realize I did not. It seems I
>can't reply off-list anyway, since the list is altering the Reply-To,
>making it impossible for me to determine where I should reply to the
>user.
>
>Can we get this rather scary and dangerous privacy issue fixed?

There are two kinds of MUAs. Some invoke reply to the mailing list by
the "reply" and others by the "group reply/all" option. If the MUA
invokes the mailing list reply by the "reply" option, it should provide
a "reply to sender" option, as e.g. Claws Mail and Sylpheed do. The
drawback of this approach is, that if you disabled to receive duplicated
mails by the mailman settings, you need to care about the missing
mailing list headers. If you use an MUA such as Evolution, that does
invoke the mailing list reply by the "group reply/all" option, then
"reply" will send a private message and not send to the list.

I suspect your MUA "User-Agent: Mutt/1.5.23.1-rc1 (2014-03-12)" can be
set up to your need too. If not, consider to use another MUA.