[aur-general] Email Notifications of new AUR orphaning/deletion/merging method

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Feb 6 11:17:20 UTC 2015

On Fri, 6 Feb 2015 17:58:02 +0800, lilydjwg wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 06, 2015 at 10:01:20AM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> I suspect your MUA "User-Agent: Mutt/1.5.23.1-rc1 (2014-03-12)" can
>> be set up to your need too. If not, consider to use another MUA.
>
>I'm using mutt too. It prompts me whether to reply to the "Reply-To"
>address. Saying no, mutt will reply to the sender.

IOW it's not a mutt issue, just an user error. And for mailing-list
reply you have got an additional option?

Claws has got a nice feature. If there's a List-Post header and you use
reply (set up to invoke reply to mailing list) it will reply to the
mailing list. Assumed there should be a a List-Post header and Reply-To
header and you use reply (set up to invoke reply to mailing list), it
does reply to the mailing list and assumed the Reply-To shouldn't be
the mailing list too, but a private address, then Claws replies to the
mailing list and to this private address. This is useful, for mailing
lists, that are open for people who aren't subscribed. OTOH I like that
Evolution invokes mailing list relies by the reply to group/all option,
so if people cause duplicated messages, because they reply to all and
mailman is set up to not send duplicated messages, so that the list
headers are missing, it automatically replies to all.

There seems to be no norm, so a claim that some MUAs are sane and others
do it wrong, seems to be nonsense.

:)

Since AUR general isn't an open mailing list, IMO it's good that it
overwrites the Rely-To, it at least fitsgood to the MUA I'm using at
the moment.