[aur-general] Email Notifications of new AUR orphaning/deletion/merging method

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Feb 6 14:22:43 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-02-06 at 15:09 +0100, Marcel Korpel wrote:
> * Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com> (Fri, 6 Feb 2015 12:17:20
> +0100):
> > Claws has got a nice feature. If there's a List-Post header and you
> > use reply (set up to invoke reply to mailing list) it will reply to
> > the mailing list. […]
>
> It's much easier with Claws to only send messages to the original
> sender when on a mailing list: just press the "Sender" button and only
> the original sender is put in the To: field.

I guess I pointed that out too ;) and I pointed out one advantage the
way Claws handles mailing-lists. But it also has a disadvantage, I also
like the Evolution style to handle mailing list and private replies.

> And no, the mailing lists shouldn't change their current behaviour,
> IMHO: most of the time I want to reply to the mailing list, not only
> to the original sender.

As already pointed out earlier, I agree, full ACK. But too funny, the
mailing lists for Evolution and Claws are _not_ open mailing lists and
they do not use the Reply-To for their lists, even while they are able
to handle it and while it is an advantage to provide different
behaviours for open mailing lists and mailing lists where users need to
be subscribed members.

Open mailing list IMO shouldn't use Reply-To and mailing lists that are
only for subscribers, should use Reply-To. Then at least Claws is able
to reply to the mailing list only, for mailing lists where people need
to be subscribed, but for an open mailing list the "list reply"
automagically adds the OP to the recipients.