[aur-general] Email Notifications of new AUR orphaning/deletion/merging method

Hugo Osvaldo Barrera hugo at barrera.io
Wed Feb 11 04:16:12 UTC 2015

On 2015-02-06 12:30, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> >No client will help, because the mailing list erases the original
> >Reply-To header, so it's impossible for the MUA to determine it.
>
> Some people, e.g. I, even don't set up a Reply-To.
>
> That's the from the list's headers of your mail:
>
> "Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 08:14:59 -0300
>
> From: Hugo Osvaldo Barrera <hugo at barrera.io>
>
> To: "Discussion about the Arch User Repository (AUR)"
> <aur-general at archlinux.org>
>
> Subject: Re: [aur-general] Email Notifications of new AUR
> orphaning/deletion/merging method

>  <aur-general at archlinux.org>
>
> Sender: "aur-general" <aur-general-bounces at archlinux.org>"
>
> If I push Claws' "Sender" button, the mail only would be send to
> Hugo Osvaldo Barrera <hugo at barrera.io>.
> If I use Claws' "Reply" button, the mail only is send to AUR general.
>
> If I push Evolution's group reply button, the mail is only send to the
> list. If I push Evolution's reply button, Evolution asks me, if I want
> to reply to you or to Arch general.

Evolution can try to *guess* where to send the reply, but the reply address
that the author may have included has been purged forever and is irrecoverable
by your MUA.

Since there's already a Reply-to-all button, I continue to see the purpose of
dangerously mungling the user's emails. It's a huge privacy hole.

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera