[aur-general] pacworld(3) in AUR

Troy Engel troyengel+arch at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 18:18:16 UTC 2015

Wondering what the right thing to do here is -- there is/was a package
"pacworld" that has a dead homepage and source is no longer available
(Dropbox link). Someone else came along (violating the guidelines) and
made a 'pacworld3' package pointing at another download location of a
newer Dropbox tarball, it's also dead now as well.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&C=0&SeB=nd&K=pacworld&outdated=&SB=n&SO=a&PP=50&do_Search=Go

I Google around and found the author on Github, but his copy of the
code is pre either of these packages. Another google hit found a
pastebin.com "version" of the later code but it's veracity is
questionable. My end opinion is this code is dead and neither package
can be rebuilt (kinda sad, as I thought it sounded interesting) and
looks to have just died upstream.

Should we file a delete request for these in AUR? What's the standard
process in this situation to clean things up when upstream/sources
disappear?

-te