[aur-general] Full OT: More trolling

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Jan 6 12:37:13 UTC 2015

On Tue, 6 Jan 2015 13:10:39 +0100, Martti Kühne wrote:
> A country's laws doesn't say whether its citizens are idiots. It only
> gives an impression about its leaders.

Different cultural environments in general don't say something about
the people being idiots or not idiots, but they explain why people are
different.

In e.g. Russia the homophobia issue isn't there because leaders made
laws. The laws are more or less as liberal as in Western Europe. I
don't depreciate other cultures for being different.

However, if you're working with people from different cultural
environments, as I sometimes do, e.g. with children from more than 40
nations, you can't do it without taking care about the existing
differences. If Turkish and Kurd children or adolescents have a dispute
and you are the responsible helper, you should be aware about the
cultural differences.

Ignoring differences doesn't change anything. Being aware about
differences and speaking about it, does change the world.

And just because in your world view people whoa are different are
idiots, doesn't mean that I think that narrow-minded too.

I guess your

> Nice try tho for someone who [snip]

explains that you are not interested to communicate, you just want to
show that you are that much better. A lot of "trolling", "flame-wars"
wouldn't happen if people would accept different opinions, different
cultures, without making assumptions.

Feel free to continue, but I end this discussion now.

Regards,
Ralf