[aur-general] [arch-general] warning: foobar: local (1.0.0-2) is newer than community (1.0.0-1)

Uwe Koloska kolewu at koloro.de
Sat Jan 17 22:02:25 UTC 2015

Am 17.01.2015 um 20:05 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> Why n+1?

Because it is technically another package than the one created locally.
So you can easily distinguish between the last one that you complied
yourself from the AUR and the first one from Community.

> I prefer no change of the current dot release.

This was my first thought,too. But after thinking about it, in my
oppinion n+1 ist the "right thing to do", because a community package is
not only the metadata that describes how it is build (and even this has
changed) but the binary package build with the arch build machines.

Uwe