[aur-general] Adopt orphan packages on AUR 4 now!

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 17:40:33 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Sam S. <smls75 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The 'bastion' package[1] is not disowned, even though no AUR4 version
> exists[2].
>
> Unless there's a reason for it being held back, I'd like to adopt it
> please.
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/bastion/
> [2] https://aur4.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&K=bastion

No AUR3 packages have been disowned, and there is no real need to do so
unless it is critical that one be updated in the next month. If all you are
doing is adopting it, just push to the AUR4 (pushing to an orphaned
package's repo will adopt it automatically).

If in addition to adopting a package you want to update the version, then
maybe you should "File request" on the AUR3 the usual way -- mention that
you are *updating* it. ;)

-- Eli Schwartz