[aur-general] We've got a spam issue in our AUR

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 01:32:07 UTC 2015

Em 12-07-2015 15:33, Lukas Fleischer escreveu:
> The only additional thing I can think of is some flood control
> mechanism which does not fix the problem itself but helps reducing the
> degree of damage...
Requiring a captcha will prevent some people from posting. Implementing
a flood control, might help, but might also be a hassle to maintainers
who get a lot of comments and would probably reply to them sequentially.
The only thing that would surely work would be moderation. I don't think
that disabling comments is the answer though. As for moderation, there
is how to make a survey on how frequent are the comments? I maintain a
few packages on AUR and I don't get that many comments. At least they
tend to be sparse enough. I wouldn't bother to moderate them myself.
Perhaps this could be configurable?

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini