[aur-general] Request to remove a commit on AUR4

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 15:47:46 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Ting-Wei Lan <lantw44 at gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks! After I change the date of the rebased commit, 'git subtree push'
> succeeds.

It seems we share a hatred of merge commits. :D Glad to hear you were able
to fix the problem without resorting to one.

Yes, I think I should add a pre-commit hook to prevent this problem from
> happening again.

That was the first thing I did -- before committing a single package.

But again -- while you are at it, you might want to also use a hook to
preformat the commit message.
And I have a script that accepts the name of a directory/package and pushes
it to the AUR, no need to manual type out `git subtree push -P some-package
aur at aur4.archlinux.org:some-package.git master`
The only bit that ever changes is the "some-package".
I just use `./aurpublish some-package/` and even let bash-completion do
most of that! :D It also handles pulling, in case you ever need that -- and
one day you might... package adoption comes to mind.

-- Eli Schwartz