[aur-general] Fields like 'GitRepoPath' in AUR RPC results

Giovanni 'ItachiSan' Santini giovannisantini93 at yahoo.it
Sun Jul 26 17:03:18 UTC 2015

Il 26/07/2015 18:14, Chi Hsuan Yen ha scritto:
> Dear AUR developers and users,
>
> Not sure whether it's the best place to discuss this problem. Here are my
> ideas:
>
> Current package info returned by rpc.php contains information about a
> package. For example:
>
> $ curl "https://aur4.archlinux.org/rpc.php?type=info&arg=package-query" |
> json_reformat
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
>  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
>  Speed
> 100   473    0   473    0     0    400      0 --:--:--  0:00:01 --:--:--
> 400
> {
>     "version": 1,
>     "type": "info",
>     "resultcount": 1,
>     "results": {
>         "ID": 197458,
>         "Name": "package-query",
>         "PackageBaseID": 35915,
>         "PackageBase": "package-query",
>         "Version": "1.6.2-1",
>         "Description": "Query ALPM and AUR",
>         "URL": "https://github.com/archlinuxfr/package-query/",
>         "NumVotes": 1007,
>         "OutOfDate": 0,
>         "Maintainer": "archlinuxfr",
>         "FirstSubmitted": 1269472680,
>         "LastModified": 1434485688,
>         "License": "GPL",
>         "URLPath": "/cgit/aur.git/snapshot/package-query.tar.gz",
>         "CategoryID": 1,
>         "Popularity": 0
>     }
> }
>
> I hope there's an additional GitRepoPath part. For example:
>
> {
>     "version": 1,
>     "type": "info",
>     "resultcount": 1,
>     "results": {
>         "ID": 197458,
>         "Name": "package-query",
>         "PackageBaseID": 35915,
>         "PackageBase": "package-query",
>         "Version": "1.6.2-1",
>         "Description": "Query ALPM and AUR",
>         "URL": "https://github.com/archlinuxfr/package-query/",
>         "NumVotes": 1007,
>         "OutOfDate": 0,
>         "Maintainer": "archlinuxfr",
>         "FirstSubmitted": 1269472680,
>         "LastModified": 1434485688,
>         "License": "GPL",
>         "URLPath": "/cgit/aur.git/snapshot/package-query.tar.gz",
>         *"GitRepoPath": "/package-query.git/",*
>         "CategoryID": 1,
>         "Popularity": 0
>     }
> }
>
> Is it possible with current AUR codebase? Or some patches are necessary?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Yen Chi Hsuan

I think it is useless, sincerly, as each package that has a Git repo on
AUR4 can be cloned using the URL:

ssh+git://aur@aur4.archlinux.org/PACKAGE.git/

where PACKAGE is the name of the package you're looking for.

E.g 'foo' -> ssh+git://aur@aur4.archlinux.org/foo.git/

Also, you can use HTTPS instead of SSH for cloning, you would have:

https://aur4.archlinux.org/PACKAGE.git

You should use this last option if you're not one of the package
maintainers.

--
Giovanni Santini
My blog: http://giovannisantini.tk