[aur-general] [AUR4] AttributeError: '_pygit2.Tree' object has no attribute 'size'

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Jun 8 11:52:09 UTC 2015

* Lukas Fleischer <lfleischer at archlinux.org> [2015-06-08 13:32:26 +0200]:
> On Mon, 08 Jun 2015 at 11:12:36, Florian Bruhin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just tried to upload my first package, and I get this:
> >
> >     remote: Traceback (most recent call last):
> >     remote:   File "hooks/update", line 194, in <module>
> >     remote:     if repo[treeobj.id].size > 100000:
> >     remote: AttributeError: '_pygit2.Tree' object has no attribute 'size'
> >     remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
> >     To ssh+git://aur@aur-dev.archlinux.org:22/agendav.git/
> >      ! [remote rejected] aur4/agendav -> master (hook declined)
> >

> Does your Git repository contain subdirectories? Do you need them?

It shouldn't - I used the import-to-aur4 script to split the repo, and
now I'm trying to push the individual branches it created by hand.

However, I rebased to fix some mistakes I did earlier in my git repo
(like a missing source file). I think I accidentally did something
wrong there, which means the commit-tree/graph actually contained the
earlier (unsplit) repo.

I'll investigate and report back now that I have an idea what's wrong
:)

> Subdirectories were forbidden in AUR 3.5.1 and they are still not
> allowed in Git repositories. I will improve the error message.

Thank you!

Florian