[aur-general] [AUR4] Recommended procedure for merging several split packages into one pkgbase with split packages inside?

ShadowKyogre shadowkyogre.public at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 16:31:03 UTC 2015

In the AUR, these packages are currently split off as their own separate
packages without a common package base:

     mse-extrafoils-clights
     mse-extrafoils-fire
     mse-extrafoils-fracture
     mse-extrafoils-ghost
     mse-extrafoils-gold
     mse-extrafoils-jss
     mse-extrafoils-mosaic
     mse-extrafoils-old
     mse-extrafoils-parallel
     mse-extrafoils-ribbons
     mse-extrafoils-snow

For the new AUR, I've prepared a split PKGBUILD and .SRCINFO for the
AUR4 submission, but I get this error when I try to submit my finished work:

Counting objects: 4, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (4/4), done.
Writing objects: 100% (4/4), 1.52 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 4 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: error: cannot overwrite package: mse-extrafoils-fracture
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
To ssh://aur@aur4.archlinux.org/mse-extrafoils.git
  ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to
'ssh://aur@aur4.archlinux.org/mse-extrafoils.git'

I was contemplating either filing a bunch of merge requests or a bunch
of deletion requests before trying to resubmit, but there's probably a
better way to handle this that I'm not sure of.