[aur-general] [AUR4] Is there a tool for using a single git repo for several packages?

Marcel Korpel marcel.korpel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 23:35:28 UTC 2015

* Eli Schwartz <eschwartz93 at gmail.com> (Wed, 10 Jun 2015 14:18:55
-0500):
> Also, I have a "base" branch [1] with just the tools cherry-picked, if
> anyone wants they can use that and add their own packages on top.

Thanks so much for these hooks. However, I'm not able to install them
properly (as I think you intended to install them) and they don't work
as I expected (but I'm not well-versed in git hooks at all).

I cloned your repository, went to an AUR4 repo and issued

$ ~/eli-schwartz/pkgbuilds/setup.sh hooks

but links in .git/hooks were not created. Perhaps I erred (it's late
already), so I just copied all files to the repository and issued

$ ./setup.sh hooks

Now links were created. If I'm not mistaken, I can make a change in
PKGBUILD and

$ git add PKGBUILD
$ git commit

Now my not-so-favourite editor popped up, asking for a commit message.
As you have a prepare-commit-msg hook, a default message should have
been created, but nothing is displayed (I expected the default
message, that I could change to my liking). When I leave the commit
message blank, the commit is aborted.

How do I use these hooks and your setup script? In which directory
should I run it? And are you sure that the test .*/PKGBUILD$ is
correct? When I issue `git diff --name-only --cached`, I only get
`PKGBUILD`, without a slash. (Well, you probably are correct, as you
most likely test your hooks ;)

Thanks again.

Best, Marcel