[aur-general] AUR4, git, subtrees ELI5?

Phillip Smith fukawi2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 02:28:19 UTC 2015

On 11 June 2015 at 14:49, Eli Schwartz <eschwartz93 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I have explained how I set it up in my personal repo at
> https://github.com/eli-schwartz/pkgbuilds/ and in a previous discussion on
> this mailing list. [1]
>
> I cannot promise to be simple enough for a 5-year-old, but I can try. :o
> I do think the scripts I included (in the "base" branch) make it much
> easier to manage.

I have already seen your work (thanks by the way, those hooks look
great), but unless I'm missing something there, there's nothing to
help me understand how to use subtrees etc in this scenario.

I have Googled and read various blogs, maillist posts and GitHub's
help page on the subject but I can't related any of it to how I should
be doing it with AUR4. The Arch wiki seems rather desolate on the
topic at the moment too; that would be the best place for such
information I guess.