[aur-general] My AUR4 migration workflow

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 04:37:25 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 11:24 PM, Florian Bruhin <me at the-compiler.org>
wrote:

> Hmm. Instinctively I'd have agreed, but I can't reproduce this.
>
> I think git filter-branch actually checks out each "vanilla" commit
> from the original branch to apply the given changes, and doesn't base
> them on the already-changed commits:
>
> [...]
>
> Am I missing something? Have you actually verified this or is it just
> a guess?  ;)
>
> Florian
>
> --
> http://www.the-compiler.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)
>    GPG: 916E B0C8 FD55 A072 | http://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc
>          I love long mails! | http://email.is-not-s.ms/

Either way, is it that terrible to make sure the .SRCINFO is up to date? If
there is already one, it *should* just replace it with an identical copy...
resulting in no diff. And if there is a diff, that means something once
went wrong...

But yes, I believe filter-branch will only change that specific commit (and
if the change is not added to the next commit, it is then deleted).

-- Eli Schwartz