[aur-general] AUR4 feature request

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Jun 13 04:59:54 UTC 2015

Hi,

it would be nice if users could subscribe to packages, to receive
information before a package gets deleted.

I noticed that a PKGBUILD I used disappeared, before I could store the
PKGBUILD on my machine.

$ pacman -Qi libfm-gtk-git
Name           : libfm-gtk-git
Version        : 1.2.3.43.gc8ff3c2-1
Build Date     : Mon 25 May 2015 04:12:52 AM CEST

It's neither provided by the old, nor by the new AUR. I never
downloaded the PKGBUILD, since I build with yaourt.

To avoid such unpleasant surprises in the future, it would be nice if
users could receive information about delete requests, when they
are subscribe to a package.

Regards,
Ralf