[aur-general] [AUR4] Single binary package for different architectures

Rudy Matela rudy at matela.com.br
Sat Jun 13 18:31:08 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am importing a PKGBUILD for something that has only a binary release.
More specifically, a binary release for i686 and another for x86_64.

In the old AUR, I was packaging it using an if clause to choose which
release to download depending on the architecture -- this way, I can
have a single package for both architectures.  More or less like this:

if [ ${CARCH} = 'x86_64' ]; then
source=("http://example.com/release-${pkgver}-x86_64.tar.gz")
md5sums=('00112233445566778899aabbccddeeff')
else
source=("http://example.com/release-${pkgver}-i386.tar.gz")
md5sums=('ffeeddccbbaa99887766554433221100')
fi

Running mksrcinfo fails with the error:

/path/PKGBUILD: line XX: [: =: unary operator expected

"line XX" points to the line containing the if.

Are there some guildelines for packaging something like this?
How could I make mksrcinfo work?
Is there any way to generate the .SRCINFO file manually to conform to
the dual-binary release described above?

(or... should I not be doing this at all?)

--
Rudy