[aur-general] AUR4, git, subtrees ELI5?

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 04:26:26 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 1:18 AM, Phillip Smith <fukawi2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Riiiight! Gotcha! That makes a lot more sense -- I was assuming there
> was something required within the "umbrella" repo to setup/configure
> the child repos etc.
> Thanks, I'll go have a play :)

On the advice of Marcel Korpel I have fixed my pre-commit hook to not fail
on whitespace errors -- something that can easily affect patch files! I see
you committed my scripts earlier...

FWIW you can use filter-branch to run mksrcinfo on each folder in your
current aur-packages repo, then merge in my base branch and continue on as
before. Might have to resolve a conflict between our .gitignores, (I may be
biased but I prefer mine :-P ) but other than that it should work fine.

-- Eli Schwartz
.