[aur-general] Git over HTTPS

Tom Swartz tom at tswartz.net
Wed Jun 17 12:17:00 UTC 2015

>Asking for a response from the OP: Do you not have other network access
>available to maintain your AUR packages? More to the point, are you
>maintaining packages on AUR as part of your official responsibilities? Or
>just in spare time? Leaving aside, for the moment, all other arguments
>regarding blocking outbound SSH, I believe these are fundamental questions.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, I do have network access outside of my corporate environment.
However, much (READ: all) of the project maintenance and code lives on and
is performed on my corporate servers.

2. I currently maintain the ownCloud-beta-client package as part of my
involvement with that group.
This is done as part of my official duties in my corporate environment.

My organization is also looking to begin sharing several large projects
within a few months.
Without another form of access, this would be technically impossible.

--
Thomas Swartz