[aur-general] Update notifications

Marcel Korpel marcel.korpel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 09:49:22 UTC 2015

* Justin Dray <justin at dray.be> (Tue, 23 Jun 2015 00:12:26 +0000):
> I was thinking it could be useful to show in comments when a new
> version is pushed by the maintainer of a package; just a line break
> and maybe v1 -> v2 or the git commit message or something. It would
> be easier to make sense of comments on many of the packages I've seen
> and allow us to see if comments pertain to the current version or not
> without losing comment history.

This is already a feature request: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/30109

Moreover, in AUR4 you're able to see old commit messages by clicking on
'View changes'. I'm not in favour of cluttering comments with update
messages, unless it's something important. Some packages have lots of
updates and then one has to plough through all those update comments to
see if there's something useful in there.

Best, Marcel