[aur-general] [arch-dev-public] Dropping mplayer-vaapi

Ido Rosen ido at kernel.org
Sun Mar 8 02:19:00 UTC 2015

Are you dropping support for it because it has been forked & replaced
upstream, or because of time constraints on your end?  Or have you migrated
away from nvidia graphics?

If the former, could you recommend an [extra] or [community] / officially
supported mplayer-based or mplayer-like package other than mplayer-vaapi
that is accelerated on machines that use nvidia drivers?  Non-VAAPI mplayer
seems to have terrible performance for me compared to mplayer-vaapi.

This is an important media-playing package that should not be dropped,
IMO.  I'm not a TU, but is it possible someone else would pick it up, if
there is no supported VAAPI-enabled mplayer fork?