[aur-general] Linux packaging

Javier Domingo Cansino javierdo1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 18:25:51 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am looking to package rtai, which was already packaged some years ago. I
want to make it easily updatable, and I have a problem.
​ ​
RTAI is a kernel patch and some other stuff.
​ I am now trying to obtain the linux config for an specific arch kernel.

I was trying to extract it from packages.git, but it's a monstrous repo
​ and not a good way to obtain the needed object without downloading it all​
.

The svn version is also quite
​hacky​
​, but more affordable, I would svn log, search for the most close version
bump commit and extract that config file (along with the patch).

Is there ​any recommended method to build a linux kernel of X version
without having to package the config files?

Or maybe a git tree that is smaller and reasonable to clone.

Cheers,