[aur-general] Unable to recover my password

Manuel Reimer manuel.reimer at gmx.de
Sun May 17 09:14:43 UTC 2015

On 05/17/2015 11:05 AM, Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> On Sun, 17 May 2015 at 10:55:30, Manuel Reimer wrote:
>> [...]
>> Yes. No mail on the GMX web interface.
>>
>> Is there maybe some minor typo in the mail address in your database?
>> Maybe a space character at the end or beginning?
>>

> The email address used with the AUR account exactly matches the one you
> used to send this email. As Evangelos already said, the emails are
> accepted by the GMX mail server. If they don't appear on the web
> interface, they are somehow discarded by GMX.

I did another test.

I've created a new user "M-Reimertest". This user uses the mail address
"Manuel.Spam at nurfuerspam.de" which is an address which is provided by
the *same* GMX account as using for my primary address.

I was able to register. I received the initial password reset mail and I
was able to finish registration.

BUT: I'm unable to request password reset with this "test account", too.

So maybe the interesting question is: Is there *any* difference between
the mail, you send on account creation and on password reset?

It *is* possible to create new accounts using GMX addresses. This way I
was able to create my account the first time and this way I was able to
create this "test account". But it, for some reason, is impossible to
request password reset. Those mails are "eaten" by the GMX mail server... :(

Hope this helps somehow to track down the issue... Would be nice to get
my "primary account" back somehow...

Thank you very much for any support.

Manuel