[aur-general] How To Submit Fix for AUR - Merge Request

Adam Brenner adam at aeb.io
Sun May 17 21:27:34 UTC 2015

Howdy All,

This will (hopefully) be my first time submitting a merge request to an
existing package (p4) within the AUR. The trouble I am having, it that
it is unclear, for me, how this process should work.

Reading the wiki page on this[1] mentions that it can be done. I have a
local copy of the updated PKGBUILD file, verified that it works via
makepkg --source and installs correctly via pacman. I have followed the
Arch Package Standards[2] and everything looks to be in order.

The trouble I am having is _how_ to submit the request via the AUR
website. The wiki briefly alludes that I should:

   1) Submit my version of the changes as a *new* package. For example:
      upload p4-abrenner as a new package on the submit page[3]

   2) Then go ahead to the original package page, p4, and select the
      File Request link[4]?

Is this correct? If not, what fundamental concept am I missing?

Thank you in advanced for your help,
-Adam

[1]:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Other_requests