[aur-general] [RFC] Draft of the AUR 4.0.0 migration notification

Troy Engel troyengel+arch at gmail.com
Sat May 23 17:40:38 UTC 2015

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Doug Newgard <scimmia at archlinux.info> wrote:
> On Sat, 23 May 2015 18:50:44 +0200
> Florian Bruhin <me at the-compiler.org> wrote:
>>
>> I disagree - I never used SVN and used git since about 5 years, but I
>> really don't want to clutter my GitHub account and/or own git page
>> with 37 repos, most of it only containing a single file.
>
> Do you put all of your configs and other projects in the same repo? That would
> be cleaner, too, wouldn't it?

I agree with Florian. His use case is the same as mine, I am an
individual contributor to AUR and have no need for 37 different
repositories when one repo with 37 subdirectories is just fine. I'll
be trying to figure out that new way outlined in this thread to make
them all appear as one project using git magic when I'm required to
convert to the new AUR git method.

-te