[aur-general] AUR4 refuses to accept *any* commit that doesn't have a .SRCINFO

Kyle kyle at gmx.ca
Tue May 26 03:05:11 UTC 2015

According to Doug Newgard:
# There are no decent bash parsers out there. To get real info, they
would have
# to be sourced/executed, which is a huge security risk.

In that case, why can PKGBUILD, which is already a bash script, not just
source .SRCINFO, which has its fields in roughly the same format? There
just has to be a better method of getting all the right information into
the right places without duplicating all the metadata.
Sent from my golf bag
--
"Don't judge my disability until you are able to see my ability."
~Kyle: https://kyle.tk/