[aur-general] [RFC] Draft of the AUR 4.0.0 migration notification

Marcel Korpel marcel.korpel at gmail.com
Tue May 26 23:16:45 UTC 2015

* Jakob Gruber <jakob.gruber at gmail.com> (Tue, 26 May 2015 16:02:49
-0700):
> Just use
>
> git add -A
>
> to add everything.
>
> On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 2:05 PM, John D Jones III
> <unixgeek1972 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 5/26/15 11:09 AM, SpinFlo wrote:
> >

> >> this don't work for me
> >>
> >> i need first:
> >>
> >> git add .SRCINFO
> >> git add .gitignore (if use)
> >>
> >> and then 'git add * && git -am "initial commit"'
> >>
> >> :/
> >>
> >>  Oh great.... I am NOT looking forward to having to migrate my
> >> 870ish
> > packages.... Does anyone have a script that will automate the
> > process?

First: Jakob, please do not top-post. And you're probably replying to
SpinFlo's mail, not to John's.

And John, I understand it's a PITA to make this transition, Brian's
script might work.

Do the official AUR-web maintainers provide such a script (I know Lukas
is away and you already have a lot of work to do, just asking)?

Best, Marcel