[aur-general] Email address too long for login page?

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 04:44:44 UTC 2015

On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 11:31 PM, David Phillips <dbphillipsnz at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is it just me, or is the field marked "Username or email address" on
> the AUR login page setting a character limit below the length of my
> email address?
>
> I will assume it's setting the maximum input length to that of some
> other limit, like a maximum username length? If so, then perhaps this
> field should be marked for usernames only and not username or email
> address…
>

> Cheers

I think the current limit is 64 characters for both, but an update last
week [1] changed this to 265. That isn't yet in the released version.

If the email address you used to send this message ^^ is the same one you
tried using on the AUR, then I don't think there should be a problem.

--
Eli Schwartz

[1]
https://projects.archlinux.org/aurweb.git/commit/?id=d52b2f50b9a5b77330c41dd93e0f3177b810c018