[aur-general] TU Application: Jiachen Yang (farseerfc)

Jiachen Yang farseerfc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 10:16:18 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I (nickname farseerfc) would like to apply as a Trusted User.
Felix Yan (felixonmars) will be my sponsor.

Some basic information about myself,
My name is Jiachen Yang (楊嘉晨). I am 27 years old.
I grown up in Shanghai, China, and I am living in Osaka, Japan.
I am a PhD student major in Software Engineering in Osaka University.
I mainly do programming in Python, Java and C++, while I am always
interested in learning new languages.
I am a native speaker of Chinese and near-native speaker of Japanese.

About my involvement in Arch Linux, I have 33 packages on AUR [1].
I also maintains 89 packages in the unofficial [archlinuxcn] repo [2]
(most of which PKGBUILD comes from AUR though).
I do translations of archlinux news for the archlinuxcn.org [3].
I also contribute occasionally on arch wiki and other places.

About the packages I want to maintain in [community] , I am considering
bringing cutegram [4] and its dependencies, several small tools for
Chinese users such as ccal [5] and cdate [6], some python tools I use
like pystopwatch [7] and pelican [8].
I will also take over some packages from Felix Yan, to balance his
burden. Among all his packages (there is too many) I am interested in
maintaining Japanese related packages such as fcitx-mozc and some
packages I am actively using such as pdfpc.

Thank you for your attention!

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?SeB=m&K=farseerfc
[2] https://github.com/archlinuxcn/repo/graphs/contributors
[3] https://www.archlinuxcn.org/feed/
[4] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/cutegram/
[5] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ccal/
[6] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/cdate/
[7] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pystopwatch/
[8] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pelican/

--
Jiachen Yang 楊嘉晨
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
Gmail: farseerfc at gmail.com