[aur-general] How to install dependency that is in AUR

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Thu Nov 5 10:25:08 UTC 2015

* Félix Piédallu <felix at piedallu.me> [2015-11-05 11:15:46 +0100]:
> Le 04/11/2015 17:50, Doug Newgard a écrit :
> > On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:43:31 +0100 Ole Jon Bjørkum <mail at olejon.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > If they can't figure out that AUR packages may depend on other AUR
> > packages, they really have no business running Arch.
> >
> That's not how Linux will become user-friendly.

I don't think it's Archlinux' goal to be user-friendly for the average
Joe. There are other distributions for that.

If you can't figure out - even with stellar documentation - how to
install an AUR helper and/or install packages from hand from AUR, then
Archlinux isn't the right distribution for you.

Florian