[aur-general] TU Application: Jiachen Yang (farseerfc)

Levente Polyak anthraxx at archlinux.org
Tue Nov 10 14:48:14 UTC 2015

On 11/10/2015 03:39 PM, Felix Yan wrote:
> On 11/05/2015 06:16 PM, Jiachen Yang wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I (nickname farseerfc) would like to apply as a Trusted User.
>> Felix Yan (felixonmars) will be my sponsor.
>> [...]
>
> Discussion period has ended. You can now cast your votes [1]. The voting
> period ends on 2015-11-17.
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/tu/?id=84

Hi Jiachen,

great to hear that Felix has found someone that he has searched for a
very long time :-)

The following list seems long, but its just very minor nitpicking...
don't be scared please! :)

Sorry that I post some minor nitpicking after the discussion period has
ended... I forgot my mail in my drafts folder.
I will do my vote either way, but just wanted to provide my collected
information to you so its not worthless :-)

1) some packages should include a unique source file prefix if they
   were pulled from f.e. github and only contain the $pkgver as tarball:
- cutegram
- libqtelegram-ae
- telegramqml
- powder-toy
- wecase

2) VCS packages (like git) should add provides and conflicts of the
   providing name (that does not include the VCS postfix)
- cutegram-git
- notify-desktop-git

3) external references variables should be used only inside of
   quotation-marks
- ipad_charge

4) You could use the new fancy VCS style for jfbpdf, it also should
   either have a -git suffix or be pinned to a static commit
- jfbpdf

5) there is no need anymore for ' || return 1' in normal commands
- cdate

6) a concrete (old) version package should always provide and conflict
   the one it overrides:
- awesome34

cheers,
Levente