[aur-general] RFC: PKGBUILD for tensorflow-git

LoneVVolf lonewolf at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 12 11:34:14 UTC 2015

On 12-11-15 10:56, Pieter ROBYNS wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found out why the AUR bazel package didn't work for me: the problem was
> that ~/.bazelrc needs to point to %workspace%:/opt/bazel/base_workspace/
> (as explained in the comments here:
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/bazel/). So now everything works and the
> PKGBUILD is cleaner :).
I'd put that echo-command in a .install-file , not in the build function.
It's info that's needed at runtime, and putting it in the .install file
will add it to pacman.log .

> One more question: is there a recommended approach to automatically update
> the revision / commit number of the package? Or is it not necessary to
> update this? I've seen some packages that simply put a note to not flag the
> package as out of date.
>

> Cheers,
> Pieter

Upon building, the pkgver() function will set the correct version.
As long as the PKGBUILD doesn't need changes (other than pkgver) ,
there's no need to update it in the AUR.