[aur-general] [aur-dev] [PRQ#4382] Deletion Request for b43-firmware

Xavion xavion.0 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 21:32:05 UTC 2015

> No double negative here.

Why not?  His sentence was "There are plenty of words in the English
language that have multiple meanings and it doesn't prevent me or others
from confusing the intent."  How can "doesn't prevent", coupled with
"confusing", not be considered at least a double negative?

> Obviously true (the part about the double meaning) but this needn't get
> personal.

The debate will go on forever if I don't make him realise in no uncertain
terms that he's completely missing the point.  Anyway, suggesting someone
might have Asperger syndrome isn't necessarily an insult.  There are plenty
of highly intelligent people working at NASA who have that condition.

> Perhaps getting people to consult the wiki rather than 'fly-blind' isn't so
> bad?
> Ensures we are all on the same page.

They won't do it, mate.  People are in a hurry to get sh!t done.  They want
the AUR's interface to be easy to understand.  You can lead a horse to
water, but you can't force it to drink.  No matter how much you direct some
people to the Wiki, they will inevitably choose to "fly blind" anyway.