[aur-general] Metadata from aur3

Johannes Löthberg johannes at kyriasis.com
Sat Nov 28 14:16:47 UTC 2015

On 27/11, kaptoxic wrote:
>On 11/24/2015 06:56 PM, Johannes Löthberg wrote:
>> On 24/11, kaptoxic wrote:
>>> Is there a way to retrieve package metadata from aur3 (votes and
>>> comments)  and migrate them to aur4? There was a question about merging
>>> comments during the aur3-to-aur4 migration period, but I am wondering if
>>> that is still possible. If data is still around, perhaps a script could
>>> be written that extracts the appropriate information and adjusts it for
>>> aur4. (It seems unfortunate that some of the packages that were migrated
>>> too late lost all of that metadata.)
>>
>> The data was removed when it was announced that it would be.
>> Maintainers had plenty of time and ample warning beforehand.
>>
>No, they did not. Anyway, thanks for the info.

They had 2 months to migrate their packages, and they were told about
it, and the fact that it would be happening has been talked about on
this ML since December last year, and was emailed about it before the 2
months started. In what way is that not plenty of time and ample
warning?

--
Sincerely,
  Johannes Löthberg