[aur-general] Why is the package version still the old one?

Lukas Fleischer lfleischer at archlinux.org
Sun Nov 29 12:32:06 UTC 2015

On Sun, 29 Nov 2015 at 12:55:02, Iru Cai wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 7:41 PM, Johannes Dewender <arch at jonnyjd.net> wrote:
>
> > On 29/11/15 12:18, Iru Cai wrote:
> > > I updated babl-git, gegl-git, and gimp-git to AUR. Why are the version
> > > of these packages still the old one? The version in depends is also
> > > not updated.
> >
> > You need to update the .SRCINFO. You usually do this with running
> > "mksrcinfo" (either manually before the commit or a as a pre-commit hook).
> >
> Thanks. I forgot to do it.
> [...]

Out of curiosity: aurweb usually displays the message

    remote: warning: .SRCINFO unchanged. The package database will not be updated!

when you try to push changes without updating .SRCINFO. Did the message
not appear when you tried to push? Was it not clear enough? Did it get
lost in the other messages printed during `git push`?