[aur-general] Feedback for rmlint-git and call for a TU

christopher at ira-kunststoffe.de christopher at ira-kunststoffe.de
Tue Oct 13 23:08:40 UTC 2015

I just noticed that rmlint crashes on my devices with an "Illegal
hardware instruction".
This is most likely due to the fact that our build system tries to be
clever about enabling sse4.2 support for CityHash.
If it detects that your machine works with SSE4.2 (Intel CPU I guess?)
it will be enabled, which causes the above error
on CPUs that do not support it.

I've disabled this cleverness and added `--with-sse` for people that
built rmlint themselves:

https://github.com/sahib/rmlint/commit/d2b44bee176966f93fc48465afcf942a5ee9ec91

This commit is included in the 2.2.1 release which I just pushed.