[aur-general] Question about private git repositories

Tyler Jameson Little beatgammit at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 15:33:20 UTC 2015

I am trying to create a PKGBUILD for UnrealEngine. This existed on AUR3 but
is now unmaintained.

UnrealEngine can be compiled from source, but you need to create an account
with epic games to get access to the repository.

I was about to just require the user to input a username and password, then
I realized this doesn't work with 2-factor authentication enabled. The
proper solution is to use ssh to download the repository, but this doesn't
seem to be supported in the `source` array. Here's what I tried:

- git+git at github.com:EpicGames/UnrealEngine#release
- git+git at github.com:EpicGames/UnrealEngine.git#release
- UnrealEngine::git+git at github.com:EpicGames#release

It appears that `https` is the only supported download option for github
repositories, but this won't work with 2-factor auth for private
repositories.

The expected behavior is that it should use my ssh key to download the git
repository.

Am I missing something? Should I file a bug/feature request for this in
makepkg?