[aur-general] Package depends on 'provides' of another package

LoneVVolf lonewolf at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 5 13:06:08 UTC 2015

On 05-09-15 13:38, Christopher Reimer wrote:
> So either it's a bug in aurweb or my construct (vdr-plugin --> vdr-api
> - --> vdr) is way to complex an there's an easier approach.
>
> Any opinions?
>

> Thanks
>
> Christopher

The easiest solution is to make vdr-api a virtual package, like
java-environment.
However, i'm 99% sure "real" virtual packages can only be created in
official repos.

For AUR you'll have to do with a dummy package .

I think you should make vdr a split package with pkgbase= vdr and 2
package functions :
package_vdr() and package_vdr-api() .

vdr should depend on vdr-api .

LW