[aur-general] xpdf installation failure

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Sat Apr 2 10:43:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 04/02/16 at 10:35am, message wrote:
> Readers,
>
> Tried to install xpdf, but failed as below. Looks that there is a
> reference to create a directory 'mkdir -p /home/lee...' without
> permission. Any suggestions please?

You are using Manjaro which is not supported by this mailing list.

> With my version of Pacman v4.2.1 - libalpm v9.0.1, the pkgbuild fails
> with permission errors. Basically everything in build() needs moved to
> package().

That sounds awfully wrong, the PKGBUILD works and builds fine in a clean
chroot for me.

> ==> ERROR: Running makepkg as root is not allowed as it can cause
> permanent,

This is not supported and not recommended.

So simply try this instead..

$ wget https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/snapshot/xpdf.tar.gz
$ tar xvf xpdf.tar.gz && cd xpdf
$ makepkg -si

Read the fine wiki, whiich has this information. [1]

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Installing_packages

--
Jelle van der Waa